MDI Real Estate & MDI Vacation Rentals
Please view our exciting Inventory of Rental Properties to find the Vacation Cottage which best suits your needs.
Once you have selected a property, please contact us by e-mail, phone or click on the "Contact Us about this Property" link found on each listing to check on availability. Our MDI Vacation Rentals Department is here to facilitate the process by offering suggestions and providing further information on the homes that interest you. We will do our best to accommodate your requirements. Most of our rentals run Saturday to Saturday, with a usual arrival time of 3 PM and departure time of 10:00 AM. All the properties we represent are fully equipped including linens, dishes etc. Most of the properties we represent have restrictive telephone blocks so be certain to use your cell phone or telephone calling card while on vacation. Pets are permitted on a case by case basis with special permission from the property owner. Smoking is not permitted in or at any of the properties we represent.
Once a reservation is made, a lease and other paperwork is provided to you for your review, completion and signature. Please return it to us at Mount Desert Island Real Estate / MDI Real Estate & MDI Vacation Rentals within a week to secure your reservation with a 40% deposit of the total rent amount, payable to Mount Desert Island Real Estate. We will circulate the lease to the property owner and send you a copy of the fully executed lease. Four weeks prior to arrival, the remainder 60% balance of the total rent, additional non taxable fees, the 8% Maine State Lodging Tax and a Security Deposit, customarily $500, are due. During Prime Season, we reserve the right to request that Full Payment be made at time of booking, even if your arrival date will exceed 30 days. Additionally, we may require a non refundable credit card deposit to hold your reservation. After the balance has been paid, we will provide directions and keys to your rental property. The security deposit will be returned promptly upon satisfactory cottage inspection; any returned or lost checks will be charged a $50 processing fee.
• If you have to cancel your reservation, the following condition of your lease applies:
"The Lessee agrees that, subsequent to making the initial deposit payment and upon signing of the Lease contract, should it become impossible for Lessee to occupy the premises, due to unforeseen circumstances and for any reason, and no fault of the Lessor, any amount paid shall be determined to be a cancellation fee and such funds shall be retained by the Lessor as liquidated damages, ........ In the event of Lessee cancellation, the Lessee is held responsible for payment due for the entire Lease period, excluding tax and Security Deposit. At the Lessor’s discretion, full or partial cancellations may be allowed; ................. Mount Desert Island Real Estate will make a diligent effort to work with both the Lessee and Lessor to negotiate resolution in situations with extenuating circumstances; however Mount Desert Island Real Estate will maintain its fiduciary responsibility to its clients, the Lessors. As Deposits are non refundable, it is strongly recommended that the Lessee purchase Travel Insurance. "
QUIET USE AND ENJOYMENT:
Mount Desert Island Real Estate does not guarantee quiet use or enjoyment of the property due to noise from other persons, construction, maintenance etc. from neighboring properties and will not grant a rebate for circumstances originating outside the property.
SMOKING, PETS AND OCCUPANCY LIMITS:
Smoking is not permitted inside the rental properties. Pets are allowed only by special permission from the owner and only if agreed to in a fully executed Lease. If pets are allowed, the number of allowed pets agreed to in the lease may not be exceeded. Maximum occupancy is set by the property owner and agreed to by the tenant in the signed Lease. This limit may be not exceeded. All tenants agree that at the owner's discretion, all or a portion of the the security deposit may be forfeited without recourse if any or all of these terms are violated.
Mount Desert Island Real Estate / MDI Real Estate & MDI Vacation Rentals looks forward to working with you to secure the best possible accommodation for a wonderful vacation on Mount Desert Island. We represent and have a fiduciary duty to the owners of the rental properties. While every effort is made to ensure that the above information is accurate, and that the information pertaining to the properties we represent is accurate and current, property features, prices and availability are subject to change without notice. We strongly recommend that tenants make a personal inspection of any property prior to signing any lease.